PO Box 345 Menai Central NSW 2234 Australia
Telephone (02) 9541 1676 Fax (02) 9541 4449 or email
William Optics RetCat 51
APO 250mm F4.9
Sharing the same Petzval optical configuration as Takahashi's renowned FSQ series
this unique telephoto is perfect for ultra-wide field imagery and mosaics,
with near perfect stellar profiles to the very edge of a 35mm frame.
*Price $1299 inc GST.
Taking orders now for May 2019 delivery.
email your order now
(*may vary without notice with $AUD to $USD)
New AP Mach2
- Polar Align, Power Up and Go!
- Renishaw Absolute Encoder for the ultimate in precise tracking - no SDE or random errors above 1/4 arc sec
- Absolute encoder provides near zero tracking error and resists outside influences such as wind and cable drag
- Precision balancing via the clutches without taking the worm gears out of mesh
- Brushless Micro-step Servo System for precise and whisper-quiet slewing and tracking
- Custom tracking rates in both axes (for asteroids, comets, satellites)
- Auto-Adjusting gear mesh
- Image all night without meridian flip, as long as your scope clears
- Daytime polar alignment is now simplified since we have encoders to set the positions
- Precision azimuth adjuster with rotating base
- Built-in bubble level & compass
- Right-angle polar alignment scope (optional)
- Through-mount cabling (optional)
- Modeling in Keypad & GTOCP5
- Fully supported enhanced ASCOM driver
- Portable – under 40 lbs
- Operate with 12V battery or up to 24V power supply
- Ideal for 6-7” refractors, 8-12” SCTs and Maks
Expected Price around $A13,200 inc GST
Shipping late 2019.
Need more payload?
Reserve your slot now for the
Astro-Physics 1600GTO 2019 production run
Limited slots available
"Own the legend that is A-P"
Please call or email for pricing and delivery schedules
We are Australia's most awarded and experienced SBIG CCD dealers.
Please call or email to discuss your next high performance SBIG CCD imaging system.
Searching for a bargain?
Got something to sell?
Check out our NEW Astrotrader items
$A pricing from around *$6500 inc GST. E-mail for details
The SBIG® Aluma® Series cameras offer performance and features not available in any other scientific-grade imaging camera. This lightweight (2.2 lbs) and compact (4.5″ x 4.5″ x 4″ with handles) camera includes two-stage cooling, USB 2.0 and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n interfaces, ultra-reliable even-illumination shutter, and fast low-noise readout. Aluma can be operated from a tablet or smartphone, or from a Windows, Macintosh, or Linux PC.
The Aluma series supports a wide range of accessories, including the 8-position FW8S-Aluma filter wheel with micron-level filter positioning, FW8G-Aluma filter wheel with built-in autoguider, AO-8A Adaptive Optics accessory, Remote Guide Head, and CLA lens adapters.
Aluma Features include:
- Wide variety of imaging sensors
- Light weight, compact design
- Centered optical axis for optimum instrument balance
- Ultra reliable even-illumination (photometric) mechanical shutter
- Support for iOS, Android, Windows, Macintosh, and Linux
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and USB 2.0 communications interfaces
- Full frame image buffering eliminates readout artifacts and provides 100% reliable wireless download
- 2-Stage TE cooling for typical maximum -50C delta T
- Twin variable speed fans
- High accuracy temperature regulation
- Built-in RBI Pre-flash (full frame front-illuminated sensors only)
- External TTL trigger inputs and output
- Included 110V / 220V power supply and optional 12VDC operation
- User-rechargeable desiccant plug
- Built-in 1/4-20 tripod mount
- Support for high precision 8-position filter wheels
- Support for external guide head, self-guiding filter wheels, and adaptive optics
- Bulletproof firmware update capability – virtually impossible to “brick”
Aluma is designed to operate either via USB 2.0 or WiFi 802.11 b/g/n. Designed from the ground-up to support operation on any modern computing platform, Aluma is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. Fully-documented and supported drivers are available for all platforms, including ASCOM drivers. The Aluma camera interface specification is fully documented, supporting the development of fully custom interfaces.
*price subject to change with $A to $USD
SBIG STi auto-guider sale
Mono or colour $A 899*
*subject to change without notice due $A to $USD
We are pleased to be Australia's exclusive distrubutor of these fine instruments
Alluna Optics of Germany make a range of Observatory class telescopes from 16" to 24" in aperture
Secondary focuser allows Instrument loads of up to 50Kg
Deep I/R or U/V capable optics, with as low as 5 micron spot sizes over a 60mm field.
These are no-compromise systems designed for research, astro-imaging and remote telescope/robotic use.
Prices start at around $A40,000
Please call or email for details
SBIG's integrated-system approach to precision guiding is what sets SBIG CCD's apart from *every* other CCD manufacturer
Capture fainter, smaller stars with higher resolution.
Typical 1 Hz guiding
10Hz guiding with SBIG AO
Paramount MyT, MX+, MEII, Taurus
We will beat any authorised Australian Paramount distributor's pricing!
NEW SBIG CCD Cleaning Service
Official Australian Distributors for:
Australian distributors for: SBIG Losmandy Software Bisque Lunt Solar Custom-Scientific William Optics
Advanced Telescope Supplies : The CCD imaging equipment experts
- Servicing the Australian Astronomy community for over 20 years
- Specializing only in high quality brands proven to deliver award winning and cutting edge optical and mechanical performance
- Expert CCD advice, sales and support (our staff and management hold Science degrees)
- USA Factory trained technical staff
- Local servicing and spares for all Losmandy Mounts: no expensive return shipping to the USA
- Prompt e-mail technical support
- Equipment viewing available (by appointment only) in our Robotic Observatory located in Sydney
- Consulting service available for Robotic Observatory projects.
Links to some of our more prominent customers can be found here
New To Astronomy equipment & don't know where to start? Try the easy links in the table below:
Astronomy Interest Description Visual Observing Simply looking up at the night sky with the naked eye or through a pair of binoculars or telescope. Astrophotography For those who want a more permanent record of the night sky, attaching a camera to a tripod or telescope can reveal many celestial delights. CCD Imaging Using a CCD detector and computer to take digital images of the sky. Photometry Precisely measure the brightness of a celestial object to obtain meaningful scientific data Astrometry Precisely measure the position of an object and/or determine its orbit. Spectroscopy Use the spectrum of an object to determine its composition or Doppler shift. Remote Observing Use a telescope system via a computer network or the internet Solar Observing Observe sunspots, solar flares and prominence details.
Above: CCD images taken from Suburban Sydney. You no longer have to travel for hours to get Impressive Deep Sky Images. Please have a look around and discover how to be a part of the CCD Astronomy revolution now!
Interested in CCD's? Before you go anywhere on this web site go here
Factory Authorized Australian Agents for
SBIG *Scientific grade CCD's and autoguiders
Losmandy *Precision German equatorial mounts
William Optics *High quality refractors and accessories
Software Bisque *Research grade Robotic Mounts, Observatory software
Custom Scientific Filters *Narrow band and UBVRI photometry filters
Paramount MEII *Software Bisque's Robotic Observatory Class Mounting
PLEASE NOTE: due to our high volume of SPAM,
we accept plain text e-mail only
HTML e-mail will be automatically deleted
Please follow the links below to the product lines we sell (or recommend) that will allow you to undertake the astronomy related activities listed.
For technical tips, please see our help page