PO Box 345 Menai Central NSW 2234 Australia
Telephone (02) 9541 1676 Fax (02) 9541 4449 or email
Office hours 9.30am to 4.00pm Mon-Fri AEST
SBIG Self-guiding CCD's....
The gold standard in imaging systems
SBIG STT 8300 CCD Imager
The STT represents the cutting edge of Astronomical CCD's imaging cameras.
click on above image for STT information
- Integrated wide-field self-guiding CCD, ahead of filters
- Ultra deep cooling (<55 C )
- Ethernet + USB2.0 with <1 second downloads
- Ultra-low noise electronics.
- Built in-web server
- Integrated Adaptive optics option
- Ultra reliable SBIG software
SBIG's integrated-system approach to precision guiding is what sets SBIG CCD's apart from *every* other CCD manufacturer
Capture fainter, smaller stars with higher resolution.
Typical 1 Hz guiding
10Hz guiding with SBIG AO
Now taking orders. Please call or email for limited time $A introductory pricing.
Losmandy StarLapse system
The ideal timelapse + equatorial-head travel mount
Call for latest $A pricing and delivery
- Can be used with any photographic tripod
- Mount multiple cameras
- Handles Heavy duty camera payloads with ease
- No tracking limit or need to reset a sector drive
- Multiple tracking rates
- Star tracker + Panoramic timelapse head operation
- Airline friendly, requires no counterweights
Big lens and DSLR?
No problem & NO counterweights with a Losmandy Starlapse !
Paramount MX *$A12700 Paramount MEII *$A18800
*Price may vary without notice due $A to $US exchange. $A Price includes GST
Phone or email for details.
We will beat any authorised Australian Paramount distributor's pricing!
NEW SBIG CCD Cleaning Service
Official Australian Distributors for:
Australian distributors for: SBIG Losmandy Software Bisque Lunt Solar Custom-Scientific William Optics
Looking for a bargain? Specials page here
look for some more bargains and advertise free on our Astro Trader page for demo/used equipment .
Advanced Telescope Supplies : The CCD imaging equipment experts
- Servicing the Australian Astronomy community for over 20 years
- Specializing only in high quality brands proven to deliver award winning and cutting edge optical and mechanical performance
- Expert CCD advice, sales and support (our staff and management hold Science degrees)
- USA Factory trained technical staff
- Local servicing and spares for all Losmandy Mounts: no expensive return shipping to the USA
- Prompt e-mail technical support
- Equipment viewing available (by appointment only) in our Robotic Observatory located in Sydney
- Consulting service available for Robotic Observatory projects.
Links to some of our more prominent customers can be found here
An Invitation to all Australian and New Zealand CCD Camera Users
Simply e-mail us the URL of your work and we'll review it for inclusion in our CCD Gallery
New To Astronomy equipment & don't know where to start? Try the easy links in the table below:
Astronomy Interest Description Visual Observing Simply looking up at the night sky with the naked eye or through a pair of binoculars or telescope. Astrophotography For those who want a more permanent record of the night sky, attaching a camera to a tripod or telescope can reveal many celestial delights. CCD Imaging Using a CCD detector and computer to take digital images of the sky. Photometry Precisely measure the brightness of a celestial object to obtain meaningful scientific data Astrometry Precisely measure the position of an object and/or determine its orbit. Spectroscopy Use the spectrum of an object to determine its composition or Doppler shift. Remote Observing Use a telescope system via a computer network or the internet Solar Observing Observe sunspots, solar flares and prominence details.
Above: CCD images taken from Suburban Sydney. You no longer have to travel for hours to get Impressive Deep Sky Images. Please have a look around and discover how to be a part of the CCD Astronomy revolution now!
Interested in CCD's? Before you go anywhere on this web site go here
Also the ATS/Barden Ridge Observatory
Factory Authorized Australian Agents for
SBIG *Scientific grade CCD's and autoguiders
Losmandy *Precision German equatorial mounts
William Optics *High quality refractors and accessories
Sirius Domes *Astronomical Domes and Observatories
MaxIm *Image processing and CCD camera control software
Software Bisque *Research grade Robotic Mounts, Observatory software
Dome Automation *Observatory dome computer control systems and software
Custom Scientific Filters *Narrow band and UBVRI photometry filters
Paramount ME *Software Bisque's Robotic Observatory Class Mounting
PLEASE NOTE: due to our high volume of SPAM,
we accept plain text e-mail only
HTML e-mail will be automatically deleted
Please follow the links below to the product lines we sell (or recommend) that will allow you to undertake the astronomy related activities listed.
For technical tips, please see our help page